TRC Worldwide Engineering, Inc. has been named as the structural engineer for the New Margaritaville Beach Resort. The resort is an 8 story hotel on top of a 9 level parking garage pedestal. With a building height of 196ft, the total building sq. ft. is approximately 870,000.
- Ground floor: lobby, kitchen, storage, receiving, FPL vault, restaurants, Margaritaville Bar & Restaurant and back of house
- Second floor: spa
- 3rd thru 9th floor: parking garage
- 10th floor: banquet kitchen, grand ballroom, meeting and board rooms, salons, hotel administration and housekeeping
- 11th floor: recreation deck and hotel rooms
- 12th thru 17th floors: hotel rooms.
Key Structural Components
- Foundations: concrete pile caps and augercast piles
- Columns: Cast-in-place concrete columns
- Post-tensioned concrete transfer beams at levels 2 and 11
- Garage: Cast in place post-tensioned concrete slabs
- 11th Floor: Cast in place post tensioned concrete slab with transfer beams
- 12th thru roof: tunnel form construction (cast in place reinforced walls and slabs)
- Lateral load resisting system: Cast in place shear walls around elevators and stairs
- Client/Architect: Adache Group Architects
- Structural Engineers: TRC Worldwide Engineering, Inc.
- New Construction: 870,000 GSF
- Construction Cost: $ 100 Million